Data Concentrating Access Point (DCAP)
The DCAP is at the heart of the Tehama Wireless AMR system. The DCAP incorporates a powerful embedded computer and comprehensive database, along with an integrated radio transceiver to communicate with each and every meter node.
The database stores all site information including meter and MDT serial numbers, property address, and even installation and maintenance notes so everything about the property is contained in one central location. In operation, the DCAP collects and stores meter readings from the various MDTs in the network, with historical data available instantly for over a year at most property sizes. Our CIT software provides an easy user interface for configuring the DCAP and monitoring each unit, including including setting alarm thresholds which trigger automatic email alerts sent from the DCAP when alarm conditions are detected.
- Compact design with integrated radio transceiver unit having +28.5dBm output for long RF range
- Remote Access feature allows communication with DCAP when it is installed behind a firewall
- Reading data automatically sent daily from DCAP via email or to an (s)FTP site
- Database storage for over 4 million data points (nearly six months storage for 250 meters with our 15 minute ToU MDTs)
- 10/100M Ethernet or WiFi for easy access to data over the internet
- Optional cellular service available if no Internet is available
- Multiple levels of security for database access (installation user, restricted billing user). Passwords customizable at installation time.
- Integrated alarm monitoring with configurable email alerts
- Accurate real time clock
- USB port for initial device setup (DCAP Passwords, WiFi credentials, and Static IP configuration). Requires programming cable.
- FCC certified for US, IC certified for Canada
|Communication||• 10/100 Ethernet or WiFi (for Email reports and alerts)
• Cellular modem (Optional)
|Radio||902 – 928 MHz; FCC and IC Certified; +28.5dBm output power for open field range of over 2 miles*|
|Data Storage||Up to 4 million data points (nearly two years storage for 250 meters with hourly interval readings)|
|Dimensions||6.0" x 5.2" x 1.45"|
|Operating Environment||-20 to 145 degrees F, up to 90% RH, non-condensing|
|Power||DC 5V, 1A (supplied by included 120 VAC wall transformer)|
*Actual range may vary depending on installation location and topography.
Continual product enhancements may cause specifications to change without notice.